Growing up in an image-obsessed world, many of us hide from the camera and struggle to make it past selfie standards when what we really want is to look younger. Unfortunately, aging takes its toll over years, our skin drooping around our necks and brows and cheeks sagging, stealing our youthful contours away from us.
But there is hope! Facelift surgery remains a popular cosmetic procedure for both men and women seeking a renewed facial appearance with soft, subtle improvements.
What Is A Facelift
A facelift is a surgical procedure to rejuvenate a face that has become aged or wrinkled due to aging, menopause, stress, or genetics. It typically helps enhance your facial features, giving you a more youthful complexion and a more vibrant look.
The surgery involves the removal of excess skin from the face, smoothing wrinkles in the forehead, eyelids, neck, and jawline, and tightening loose skin around the mouth. The results of this procedure can be quite dramatic if done properly and many patients report that it took years off their looks.
Facelifts can also help to improve volume loss for those who have lost fullness with time. Volume replacement methods such as facial fillers can help correct sagging cheeks by adding subtle support and enhancing contours in areas most affected by age-related changes.
Types Of Facelift
When considering facelift procedures in New York, it’s important to know what types of facelifts are available. What works best for one person may not be right for another. Here are the most common types of facelifts you’ll find in New York:
- Traditional Facelift – This is the most comprehensive type of facelift and is often known as a rhytidectomy. It requires an incision from ear to ear and involves removing excess skin, repositioning under facial muscles and suturing them, then re-draping the skin over them, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
- Mid-Face Lift – This type of lift tightens underlying tissue as well as fat pads and removes any wrinkles around the nose and mouth area.
- Eye Lift (Lower Blepharoplasty) –This procedure treats sagging lower eyelids or bags beneath the eyes caused by loose skin or fat pockets.
- Neck Lift (Cervicoplasty) – As we age, wrinkles appear around our neck that can’t be treated with creams or other products alone; they require surgery. A neck lift will restore your neckline and tighten muscles at the same time!
- A mini facelift, also known as a “mini-lift” is a type of facelift offered by many surgeons in New York. It’s the perfect solution for people who want to give their face a subtle lift without going under the knife for a full facelift. The results of mini facelifts following New York procedures depend on the complexity of the particular procedure chosen, but most patients are pleased to see an improvement in their looks in just a few weeks.
- Deep plane facelifts can provide dramatic improvement to a person’s facial appearance. This procedure involves the targeted repositioning of fatty tissues, muscles, and other structures deep in the layers of the face or neck. It goes beyond mere skin tightening and offers much more lasting results than conventional facelifts.
Benefits Of A Facelift
When it comes to facial rejuvenation, a facelift is considered one of the best ways to reduce the signs of aging found around your eyes, cheeks, and jawline. Not only can a facelift help dramatically turn back the clock on your face, but it also offers many benefits that can make you look and feel younger.
One such benefit is improved skin elasticity. As we age, our skin loses its elasticity and begins to sag. This creates wrinkles in areas like the neck and forehead. With a facelift, excess skin will be removed from those areas. This results in firmer more youthful-looking skin with fewer wrinkles for years to come.
Another great benefit is increased facial volume. Again, as we age we start to lose fat around our face which causes our cheeks to appear hollow and sunken in. Facelift surgery can help replenish lost volume while also improving facial symmetry by contouring and reshaping your jawline and cheekbones resulting in a refreshed overall appearance.
These are just two of the numerous benefits you can gain from having a facelift performed in New York City!
Are You A Good Candidate For A Facelift?
Candidates for facelift surgery in New York have certain criteria they have to meet in order to be eligible. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking to restore a youthful look and improve their facial contours but isn’t suitable for a minimally invasive procedure like dermal fillers or Botox.
If you’re considering facelift surgery in New York, there are a few boxes you must check first. Firstly, you need to make sure that you don’t have any medical conditions that may interfere with or be dangerous during surgery or recovery. This can include people with high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, bleeding dysfunctions, and more. You will also need to keep your weight stable and be free from skin infections in the area where the incision will be made.
Finally, having realistic expectations is key! Book a personal consultation with a qualified cosmetic surgeon. Your surgeon should tell you what results are reasonable based on your individual case — such as how much skin can be removed and tightened and whether any major lifting needs to be done before lifting the tissue. It’s important that you know what to expect before undergoing any kind of surgical procedure!